Welcome to the Fairfield Heritage Tour
Come explore the rich heritage of architecture and places in Fairfield, Iowa
The Heritage Tour includes:
- An architecturally distinctive Barry Byrne-designed prairie style home (one of the best in the Midwest).
- The first Carnegie Public Library west of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which became the funding model for 1,688 more Carnegie libraries in the U.S. alone.
- A downtown Square recognized as the "best in Iowa."
- A Richardsonian Romanesque style courthouse built in 1893. The interior was remodeled for 21st century usage.
- An excellent example of Streamline Moderne design, designed in 1955 for a local bank.
- A dwelling built in 1838 (a log house).